Dr. Allred has lived in Huntsville, TX, since 1976 where he and his wife Lenna Allred, Ph.D. (Historian), have raised their eight children. They are the proud grandparents of 30-plus grandchildren.
Dr. Allred was a professor of audiology at Sam Houston State University from 1976–1980. He has been practicing audiology in Huntsville since 1979.
He is a pioneer in the field of newborn hearing screening in Texas. He was instrumental in establishing the award-winning Huntsville Memorial Hospital’s Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Program in 1995, five years prior to the the state mandate in 2000.
Dr. Allred provides diagnostic hearing evaluations for all ages (newborn through adult) utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, including fiber optic video ear cleaning, ABR (Auditory Brainstem Response), OAE (Otoacoustic Emissions testing), and digital programmable hearing instrument fittings at his Family Hearing & Sensory-Neural Center in Huntsville.
Other Achievements Include:
- 2005 President of the Texas Academy of Audiology
- Ph.D. 1980, University of Utah
- Board Certified by American Board of Audiology
- Charter member of American Academy of Audiology
- Charter member of Texas Academy of Audiology
- Fellow of the American Board of Audiology
- Member of American Hearing Aid Association
- Member of the Huntsville Texas Rotary Club since 1982